PR: Mandrake Linux 9.2 Beta2 Available
Aug 07, 2003, 16:00 (4 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Gaël Duval for this link.
We would like to thank all those who are already contributing to
the beta testing process and we invite everyone to participate in
9.2's development. To make sure testing the next Mandrake is a
pleasing experience, Beta 2 include new versions of software.
Corrections from beta1 include:
- Rpmdrake now functional
- Upgrade from former versions now fully handled
- New windows are now conveniently centered
Urpmi and rpmdrake still complain about missing key. This issue
should be fixed in the next beta.
- First version of Netprofile, the new network profiles manager
designed for users who connect to multiple networks. Feedback is
highly requested for this newly introduced feature.
- Complete rewrite of userdrake (user management) in Gtk2
- New bootsplash (graphical boot) with graphical design not
- Improved localization
- New font support for Indian
- Enhanced drakTermServ (terminal server configurator).
New software versions:
- KDE 3.1.3
- GNOME 2.3.5
- Evolution 1.4.4
- Openldap 2.1.22
- kerberos5 1.3
More information about where to download Mandrake 9.2 Beta2 and
how to report bugs is available at: