O'Reilly: Globalization and Women, Copyright Infringement in Open Source, and Other News from LWE
Jan 28, 2004, 02:00 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Andy Oram)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Jason
Greenwood for this link. ]
"LinuxWorld in January 2004 looked mostly like more of what was
at last year's LinuxWorlds. No radical departures; just more
serious talk of moving to the desktop, more and faster clusters,
more products aimed at ERM and other back office services, more
advances in the tools available to support Java. But more is
better. Here I'll report some conversations that gave me new
perspectives and some companies I met with.
- "How globalization could promote the role of women in
- "Who are the copyright infringers in open source?
- "Volunteerism alive and well
- "A cluster of related vendors
- "Some larger vendors
- "Other companies I happened upon..."