developerWorks: Installing DB2 Version 8.1.6 for Linux
Aug 22, 2004, 10:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ian Shields)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"This article guides you through the steps to install IBM DB2
Universal Database Personal Edition V8.1.6, as well as the IBM Java
Runtime Environment (JRE), with minimal fuss and frustration.
Developers who are new to Linux or UNIX-based operating systems
will get the most out of this article...
"This article shows you how to:
- "Check your Linux for required space and prerequisite packages,
such as pdksh
- "Install the IBM JDK with the rpm command
- "Install DB2 with the db2setup command
- "Add a tools catalog to an existing DB2 installation
- "Install the DB2 developer tools
- "Take your first steps with DB2..."