Firefox 1.5 Is Officially Out
Nov 30, 2005, 13:00 (1 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
From the Release Notes:
"Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5:
- "Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification
of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be
half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also
- "Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and
forward button performance.
- "Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
- "Improvements to popup blocking.
- "Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly
remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
- "Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
- "Improvements to product usability including descriptive error
pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and 'Safe Mode'
- "Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility
and assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen
reader for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all
available information in applications and documents or show the
information on a Braille display, enabling blind and visually
impaired users to use equivalent software functionality as their
- "Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are
not working in Firefox.
- "Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including
profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
- "New support for Web Standards including SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3,
- "Many security enhancements..."