Apricot Drops 'Too Complicated' Linux From Netbook Line
Oct 22, 2008, 23:31 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Tony Smith)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"The Linux version proved too complicated with initial testers,
who would opt to purchase and install XP any way.
"Apricot believes that this will be a more attractive product
offering for their target customers, because as soon as it is
switched on, it is ready for use."
- Apricot Netbook Ditches Linux(Oct 22, 2008)
- Linux Carried Along on Netbooks Wave(Oct 21, 2008)
- How Linux Can Conquer The Laptop(Oct 15, 2008)
- On the Linux Laptop the Bundle is All(Oct 10, 2008)
- Netbooks Will Boost Adoption of Linux, Says Novell CTO(Oct 10, 2008)
- Linux Netbook Returns: Not Surprising, but Likely Avoidable(Oct 08, 2008)
- Linux Netbooks Are Returned 4X More Than Win XP Versions, Says MSI(Oct 04, 2008)