IE Share Slips Under 70%; Firefox Surges Past 20%
Dec 03, 2008, 14:33 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Gregg Keizer)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"IE slipped to a 69.8% share, down from October's 71.3% and off
7.6 percentage points in the past year.
"Rival browsers from Mozilla Corp., Apple Inc. and Google Inc.,
meanwhile, cashed in on IE's slide and posted gains for the month,
according to Net Applications' data, which is culled from visitors
to the thousands of Web sites the company monitors for clients.
"Mozilla's Firefox, which briefly popped above the 20% share bar
during October, solidified that surge in November to end the month
at 20.8%, an increase of 0.8 percentage points, the largest
one-month increase since March 2007."
- How widely used is Chrome? More than I expected(Nov 27, 2008)
- IE, Firefox, and the Add-on Security Problem(Nov 24, 2008)
- Switching from FrontPage to KompoZer(Nov 24, 2008)
- No More Microsoft Internet Explorer for the 2010 Soccer World Cup(Nov 24, 2008)
- Have You Seen the Chinese Firefox?(Nov 23, 2008)
- Web Browser Hero(Nov 21, 2008)
- Why Firefox Rocks: Great Firefox Tricks, Part IV(Nov 20, 2008)
- Why Firefox Rocks on Linux: Great Firefox Tricks, Part III(Nov 06, 2008)