How to Update the Custom Compiled Kernel to a New Release Using git
Dec 05, 2008, 10:33 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Peter for this link.
"In this article I'll explain how you can update your
previously compiled custom kernel to a newer version, if you used
git. This article won't touch an upgrade of kernel 2.6.27 to
"The base of this article is that you already compiled a your
own kernel with git using my previous article.
"A lot of the steps are similar to my previous article but there
are a few extra steps and liek I mentioned earlier I also explain
how to handle the situation where the Ubuntu git repository is
already in the next development cycle."
- Real World Benchmarks Of The EXT4 File-System(Dec 03, 2008)
- GCC hacks in the Linux kernel(Nov 26, 2008)
- Linux Has Moved Away From Geekdom(Nov 24, 2008)
- How the Linux Kernel Manages Virtual Memory(Nov 22, 2008)
- GCC Hacks in the Linux Kernel: Discover GCC Extensions for the C Language(Nov 21, 2008)
- kerneloops.org Records its 100,000th Oops(Nov 19, 2008)
- Examining the Compilation Process, part 3(Nov 11, 2008)
- How to compile a custom kernel for Ubuntu Intrepid(Oct 29, 2008)