pv (Pipe Viewer) - Shell pipeline element to meter data passing through
Dec 30, 2008, 08:33 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to dave for
this link. ]
"pv will copy each supplied FILE in turn to standard
output (- means standard input), or if no FILEs are specified just
standard input is copied. This is the same behaviour as cat.
"A simple example to watch how quickly a file is transferred
"pv file | nc -w 1 somewhere.com 3000"
- Speaking UNIX: !$#@*%(Oct 03, 2008)
- Bash Shell: Take Control of PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PROMPT_COMMAND(Sep 12, 2008)
- Review: Bash Cookbook(Aug 13, 2008)
- Using Bash To Feed Command Output To A While Loop Without Using Pipes!(Aug 07, 2008)
- Linux Commands I Never Knew Existed: Pipe Viewer(Aug 06, 2008)
- CLI Magic: For Geek Cred, Try These One-liners(Jul 23, 2008)