Setting Your Bash Shell Prompt
Jan 04, 2009, 16:04 (0 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to mywebblog for this link.
"Characters to Add Information to the bash Prompt !
Shows the current command history number. This includes all
previous commands stored for your username.
"# Shows the command number of the current command. This
includes only the commands for the active shell.
"$ Shows the user prompt ($) or root prompt (#), depending on
which user you are."
- pv (Pipe Viewer) - Shell pipeline element to meter data passing through(Dec 30, 2008)
- The Linux Command Shell For Beginners: What is The Shell?(Dec 23, 2008)
- Editor's Note: Best Linux Books of 2008(Dec 20, 2008)
- 20 Bizarre and Funny Ways People Have Broken Their Computers(Dec 17, 2008)
- The Linux CLI for Beginners, or, Fear Not the Linux Command Line!(Dec 13, 2008)
- Why DU And DF Display Different Values On Linux And Unix(Dec 11, 2008)
- Magic Tricks With the Sysreq Key(Dec 10, 2008)
- Bash Prompt Basics(Dec 05, 2008)