"It turns out, the main SNAFU (situation normal, all
f***ed up) was that I didn't include a --user-agent option to my
wget command... ooops.
"Check out the test run pictures below, to see what a difference
it makes, and feel free to laugh "with" or "at" me for the
bone-headed mistake. I'm immune to feeling any worse right now
"For the newer pictures, I added a line to the "searchterms"
file to make sure I could get a result from the last search after
the few preceding it failed. Also, for this test, like the last, I
modified the script slightly to only go after the first 200
results, rather than the default maximum of 1000 that Yahoo will
return per search. As the newer pictures demonstrate, you don't
need to go after the full 1000 like we did last time in order to
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.