What happens when a long-time Linux user is pushed back into Windows?
Jan 26, 2009, 14:32 (0 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Why is Microsoft so limited with fonts? Under Windows, there
are only two methods to smooth fonts: Standard (not smoothed, hard
to read) and ClearType (blurry but smooth, and hard to
"Eventually, I stumbled upon "New Drawing Canvas" under
"Shapes". This wasn't intuitive to me. Everything else in the
"Shapes" pull-down is a shape, except the "New Drawing Canvas",
which is (technically) an action.
"(Ironically, in writing this blog entry, I opened an empty Word
document and tried to retrace my steps so I could write it all
down. I honestly couldn't figure it out again, and I had just drawn
3 diagrams in my document for work.)"
- Kubuntu 8.10 vs Mepis 7.9.94 vs Puppy 4.1.2(Jan 09, 2009)
12 Reasons Why Windows is Better Than Linux For Non-Techies(Jan 07, 2009)
- Super Hi-Fi Digital Audio in Linux(Jan 07, 2009)
- Linux Isn't Just Good Ideology -- It's Better Computing(Dec 24, 2008)
- Java Performance: Ubuntu Linux vs. Windows Vista(Dec 19, 2008)
- The Range of Linux Distributions(Dec 16, 2008)
- Whirlwind Tech Tour: Linux distributions ranked for speed, security, performance, support(Dec 11, 2008)
- What Programming Language For Linux Development?(Dec 08, 2008)