Jan 31, 2009, 19:02 (0 Talkback[s])
"The main features you achieve by enabling "Enhanced Bash"
"1. Easily match previously typed commands from partial input.
Doing this is as easy as typing the beginning of the command and
hitting page up/down to scroll through history.
"2. Share history between terminals: When you close a terminal
you don’t lose the command history.
"3. Let grep highlight matched words with a different color.
"To enable these features, open your ~/.inputrc file and type
- An Explanation of .bashrc and .bash_profile
(Jan 26, 2009)
- 12 Amazing and Essential Linux Books To Enrich Your Brain and Library(Jan 13, 2009)
- CLI for fun: du(Jan 09, 2009)
- Linux Command Line For Beginners: Finding Help Documents(Jan 07, 2009)
- Famous Awk One-Liners Explained, Part III(Jan 06, 2009)
- Setting Your Bash Shell Prompt(Jan 05, 2009)
- The Linux Command Shell For Beginners: What is The Shell?(Dec 23, 2008)
- The Linux CLI for Beginners, or, Fear Not the Linux Command Line!(Dec 13, 2008)