Linux Gets Gooey on Friday the 13th
Feb 13, 2009, 17:31 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ken Starks)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to helios for this link.
"Linux Community...Prepare to get Goo'ed.
"Kyle Gabler and Ron Carmel are Indie Game Developers. They've
both spent some time "in the trenches with companies such as
EA...they made fairly good money and had steady work, but something
ate at them...something uncomfortable and nagging.
"It wasn't the fairy dust and wind chime world they wanted to
work in. Reality can suck...why make your living in it? Most of us
have to. They don't...they write games.
"And now they've written a game and ported it to Linux.
"Reported in 2008 as the most stolen game on the Internet, The
World of Goo is a joyful, giggleful, and beautiful way to
completely waste hours of your life. I know."
- Digiband - Drumming & Guitar simulator in openSUSE(Feb 11, 2009)
- Goldrush: Mystic Mine, Skill Game of a Different Sort(Feb 10, 2009)
- Top 5 Linux Games for 2009(Feb 09, 2009)
- 21 More of the Best Free Linux Games(Feb 09, 2009)
- FOSS Games and Gaming Survey(Feb 03, 2009)
- Simple diversions: BurgerSpace and Enigma(Jan 16, 2009)
- 7 Great Free/Open-source Platform Games for Linux(Jan 13, 2009)
- Linux games - First Person Shooters - Part Three(Jan 13, 2009)
- Hardest-to-understand EULA *ever* when you install WoW on GNU/Linux(Jan 09, 2009)