Browser benchmarks 2: even Wine beats Linux Firefox
Feb 13, 2009, 22:31 (3 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Others have said that Opera should be tested. And some people
have said that it's Nvidia/AMD/Intel drivers that are slowing down
"Anyway, we thought we would conduct a couple more quick
benchmarks to see whether we can eliminate some of these variants.
We don't have time to run the full benchmark suite and fiddle
around from scratch, so we ran just a few quick tests to see what
we could find.
"This time the information you need to know is: These benchmarks
were run on the same computer as before, running the same Fedora 10
"We tried Mozilla Firefox for Linux as downloaded straight from
"We also tried Mozilla Firefox for Windows as downloaded from
Mozilla, but running it using Wine on Fedora. We installed and
tested Opera 9.63 for Fedora 10, as downloaded from Opera.com.
Note: we were only able to find i386 builds on the Opera site; this
isn't optimal so if someone can point us towards an i686 build for
Fedora 10 we will happily update the article.
"We ran the Google V8 Benchmark suite V3, as before."
- WFTL Bytes! for Feb 11, 2009: Firefox Rejects Windows, Happy Birthday LJ, Money Myths(Feb 12, 2009)
- Firefox exec: we don't want to be bundled with Windows(Feb 10, 2009)
- Mozilla delays Firefox 3.1 again
(Feb 01, 2009)
- Short Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 new feature list(Jan 21, 2009)
- Ubiquity, a Powerful Firefox Extension, Gets an Overhaul(Jan 15, 2009)
- Mr Uptime now available for Firefox 3(Jan 13, 2009)