DragonFly Release 2.2 - 17 February 2009
Feb 20, 2009, 00:01 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"DragonFly 2.2.0 Release Notes
- A new DVD ISO release image is now available, in addition to
the CD release.
- The new DVD release has a full X environment ready-to-go and
many packages pre-installed.
- A full pkgsrc tar is now available on the CD/DVD in /usr.
- Full sources tar now available on the DVD (kernel sources only
on the CD), in /usr.
- The nrelease build now trivializes package selection for people
creating customized releases.
- The installer is now able to create a HAMMER filesystem
- First step towards AMD64 support (done by Jordan Gordeev during
the Google Summer of Code 2008).
- The system control intr_mpsafe is enabled by default.
- Move /kernel to /boot/kernel and /modules to
- Add RFC3542 support (done by Dashu Huang during the Google
Summer of Code 2008).
- Add HW checksum support to the loopback interface, which
- acpi_cpu(4) update. It's now possible to use higher (lower
power usage) C states than C1 in modern (multicore) CPUs.
- First steps to use network threads without the Big
Giant Lock (this feature is considered experimental).