25 Tutorials To Get You Started With Blender
Feb 20, 2009, 20:31 (4 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"You can look at two very detailed comparison here and here.
Blender is the only free 3d application compared against the
heavyweight industry favorites like 3d max (which costs around
$5000+) and the only second application to support all three major
* Its free. Better than paying $5000 for a software.
* It rivals commercial software both in functions and features.
* Small installation footprint of 9mb. AutoCAD needs 2GB.
* Large community support with last version generating 800,000+
* Intuitive user interface.
* Python scripting API for game logic.
* Third party free plug-in, textures, renderers and scripts