A plea for hidden rulers in OOo Writer - Time to vote again!
Feb 28, 2009, 16:04 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Johannes Eva)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Johannes
Eva for this link. ]
"The great thing about the new The Ruler Button button
is that it is placed exactly where a normal user would expect it to
be: at the exact "altitude" where the horizontal ruler is.
"This afternoon I asked 7 random people, 4 of them were able to
find how to show the rulers very fast. The other 3 did not, because
they didn't know what I was speaking about. All 7 were musicians,
and they can't make the difference between Windows and and
Microsoft Word, or between e-mail and Hotmail. And yes, they are
the kind of people I actually enjoy living and working with."
- How to install OpenOffice.org 3 on Ubuntu 8.10(Feb 26, 2009)
- Five Quick Tips for OpenOffice.org Writer Users(Jan 23, 2009)
- KBasic Brings BASIC to Qt World(Jan 22, 2009)
- OpenOffice.org 3.1 Features, an Early Look(Jan 20, 2009)
- OpenOffice Gripes(Jan 09, 2009)
- Managing Invoices with miniInvoices(Jan 09, 2009)
- OpenOffice.org vs. Go-OO: Cutting through the Gordian Knot(Jan 07, 2009)
- OpenOffice.org: The Many Views of Impress(Dec 15, 2008)
- OpenOffice's UI will be getting a refurb(Dec 06, 2008)