Why I Love Linux and FOSS
Mar 11, 2009, 21:14 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Carla Schroder)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"It fosters real innovation, not the fake kind that proprietary
vendors are so fond of boasting about.
It promotes honesty.
It is a powerful force against tyranny.
It is a powerful force against shoddiness, and a powerful force for
It doesn't force me to choose between my important personal
principals and a paycheck."
- Editor's Note: Proprietary Ideology: Doing the Same Thing and Expecting Different Results(Mar 07, 2009)
- Is Open Source a Good Career Bet for Developers?(Mar 03, 2009)
- Tasty Tuesday Nuggets(Mar 03, 2009)
- How To Turn Customers Into Pirates(Mar 03, 2009)
- Patent suit tells us why we should shun Mono, Moonlight(Feb 27, 2009)
- "Nobody Uses Linux" is Not a Good Enough Answer(Feb 24, 2009)
- 10 cool things you can do with Linux and not with windows(Feb 23, 2009)
- Cory Doctorow--Linux Guru?(Feb 22, 2009)
- Free software isn't freeware: why Linux and FOSS have a higher standard(Feb 11, 2009)