Why I Love Linux and FOSS
Mar 11, 2009, 21:14 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Carla Schroder)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"It fosters real innovation, not the fake kind that proprietary
vendors are so fond of boasting about.
It promotes honesty.
It is a powerful force against tyranny.
It is a powerful force against shoddiness, and a powerful force for
It doesn't force me to choose between my important personal
principals and a paycheck."
- Editor's Note: Proprietary Ideology: Doing the Same Thing and Expecting Different Results(Mar 07, 2009)
- Is Open Source a Good Career Bet for Developers?(Mar 04, 2009)
- Tasty Tuesday Nuggets(Mar 04, 2009)
- How To Turn Customers Into Pirates(Mar 04, 2009)
- Patent suit tells us why we should shun Mono, Moonlight(Feb 27, 2009)
- "Nobody Uses Linux" is Not a Good Enough Answer(Feb 24, 2009)
- 10 cool things you can do with Linux and not with windows(Feb 23, 2009)
- Cory Doctorow--Linux Guru?(Feb 23, 2009)
- Free software isn't freeware: why Linux and FOSS have a higher standard(Feb 11, 2009)