Maybe there will be a year of the Linux Desktop after all
Apr 02, 2009, 22:02 (9 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Then next to that we have windows virus problem number
gazillion running around the internet.
Forget what I said
Forget everything I ever said about Linux on the desktop, this may
be an indication the demise of the windows desktop will be here
soon. So maybe we are not going to have to wait to long for Linux
to grow and be the biggest Desktop OS.
Now it's just going to take the general public to notice the
following, as the criminals and criminal government organizations
get better at their stealing of money and information. The people
will start noticing they can't use their desktops (safely) anymore.
But they'll also notice they can still use their linux based mobile
devices without fear."
- Conficker: Over 300,000 Domains Blocked, Millions Infected(Apr 01, 2009)
- Letter from a CIO: why Conficker won't hurt our company(Mar 31, 2009)
- GNU/Linux Really Can Save Us from Conficker(Mar 31, 2009)
- 100% cure for Conficker(Mar 30, 2009)
- "60 Minutes" freaks out over Conficker. Where's John Hodgman when you need him?(Mar 30, 2009)
- Leaked memo says Conficker pwns Parliament(Mar 30, 2009)
- No joke in April Fool's Day computer worm(Mar 24, 2009)
- Oh yes, you signed up for this. You did. Honest.(Mar 23, 2009)
- The Conficker Worm: April Fool's Joke or Unthinkable Disaster?(Mar 21, 2009)
- I Give Up. Windows Is Proof That People Are Too Stupid To Use Computers.(Feb 13, 2009)