Mozilla SUMO Is No Lightweight
Apr 10, 2009, 21:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to SMK for this link.
"At Mozilla, support is serious business. The group
claims that every week, support.mozilla.com handles 2,000 questions
on a wide range of issues.
"A key part of many open source business models is to provide
the software for free but to make money from the support. That's
not the case with Mozilla.
""There are no commercial support plans at the moment," Tenser
said. "Firefox support is free for everyone and powered by the
Mozilla community, just like Firefox."
"Yet SUMO pays off for Mozilla in other ways, serving a critical
role in the development of Firefox -- making it important for both
existing and future versions of the browser, like the forthcoming
Firefox 3.5 release."
- Mozilla Details Firefox 3.6, Publishes Roadmap(Apr 08, 2009)
- Firefox 3 market share crawls past IE 7 in Europe(Apr 03, 2009)
- Firefox Looking To Lose The Flab - And The Flaw
(Mar 27, 2009)
- Free Software on Windows and Mac(Mar 25, 2009)
- Firefox May Already Be Dead(Mar 20, 2009)
- Fennec beta ships, looks usable(Mar 20, 2009)
- Mozilla finally launches next Firefox beta(Mar 16, 2009)
- Mozilla Contemplates a Future Without Google(Mar 12, 2009)
- Firefox Faced More Flaws in 2008, But Fixed Them Faster(Mar 06, 2009)
- Firefox eclipses IE6 in web share, threatens IE7(Mar 06, 2009)