The difference between Linux and Windows
Apr 16, 2009, 04:32 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"When security problems pop up, Microsoft almost always
releases its fixes on a monthly schedule on Patch Tuesday. This
month, for example, Microsoft released an 'insane' number of bugs
fixes. 10 of the 23-fixed security holes were already being used by
attackers before Microsoft patched them.
"It's a different story when security problems show up in Linux.
With Linux, security troubles are fixed almost as soon as they show
up. Because Linux is open source, security holes tend to be quickly
spotted and then repaired."
- Linux gets reseller friendly(Apr 14, 2009)
- Browser wars 2009: Firefox, Chrome, & Internet Explorer(Apr 13, 2009)
- When did you first use Linux?(Apr 11, 2009)
- Another Look At Linux Netbook Return Statistics(Apr 10, 2009)
- MLB.com looks great on desktop Linux(Apr 09, 2009)
- The top 10 operating system stinkers(Apr 09, 2009)
- And the winners of the Linux Foundation video competition are...(Apr 09, 2009)
- Ubuntu accuses Microsoft of Linux netbook FUD
(Apr 09, 2009)