UK 'has the worst copyright laws'
Apr 17, 2009, 12:02 (0 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to An Anonymous Reader for
this link. ]
"UK laws that make it a copyright violation to copy a
CD that you own onto a computer or iPod should be changed, says
"The call came after global umbrella group Consumers
International put the UK in last place in a survey of 16 countries'
"Consumer Focus said the UK had to catch up with the rest of the
""UK copyright law is the oldest, but also the most out of
date," said Ed Mayo, chief executive of Consumer Focus."
- BSA equates software pirates to Somali pirates(Apr 16, 2009)
- Should an Open Source Licence Ever Be Patent-Agnostic?(Apr 12, 2009)
- Microsoft-NPD Connections(Apr 10, 2009)
- An afternoon among the patent lawyers(Apr 10, 2009)
- Microsoft-TomTom settlement is end of a battle, not the war(Apr 02, 2009)
- Google: Most DMCA Takedown Notices Illegitimate(Mar 21, 2009)
- Sony, Google to offer 500,000 free e-books(Mar 21, 2009)
- Discouraging Software Patent Lawsuits(Mar 17, 2009)
- Economists Say Copyright and Patent Laws Are Killing Innovation; Hurting Economy(Mar 12, 2009)
- The Final Day of The Pirate Bay Trial(Mar 04, 2009)
- How To Turn Customers Into Pirates(Mar 04, 2009)