Pirate Bay founders found guilty
Apr 17, 2009, 14:30 (14 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to Robert Zakrocki for this
"Frederik Neij, Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, Carl Lundstrom
and Peter Sunde were found guilty of breaking copyright law and
were sentenced to a year in jail.
"They were also ordered to pay $4.5m (£3m) in damages.
"Record companies welcomed the verdict but the men are to appeal
and Sunde said they would refuse to pay the fine.
"Speaking at an online press conference, he described the
verdict as "bizarre.""
- UK 'has the worst copyright laws'(Apr 17, 2009)
- BSA equates software pirates to Somali pirates(Apr 16, 2009)
- Warner Music Group: All your memories belong to us(Apr 10, 2009)
- New law sees dip in internet traffic(Apr 04, 2009)
- The Pirate Bay - Innocent or Guilty?(Mar 04, 2009)
- The Final Day of The Pirate Bay Trial(Mar 04, 2009)
- The Losing Battle Against Technology Freedom(Mar 04, 2009)
- How To Turn Customers Into Pirates(Mar 04, 2009)
- Music Executive Ridiculed at Pirate Bay Trial(Feb 27, 2009)
- Day 3 - The Pirate Bay's 'King Kong' Defense(Feb 20, 2009)
- 50% of Charges Against Pirate Bay Dropped(Feb 18, 2009)