Free Desks and Chairs Anyone?
Apr 23, 2009, 19:03 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ken Hess)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Ken Hess
for this link. ]
"Does that sound like a scenario in which you wish to
participate? Preposterous, you say? Is it? Now, what if I told you
that you do have a choice of desks? In fact, just across the street
from your office is an entire mall filled with desks and chairs
from which to choose. Here's the exciting part: The desks in that
mall are all free. That's right, free. Take as many as you want.
You want chairs? They're free too. If you want to customize your
desk -- or even build one from scratch -- you can. What's stopping
you? Go pick up your free desks and chairs.
"I'm feeling your reluctance to load up on those free desks and
chairs. What's the problem? Do you believe that there's something
wrong with those desks because they're free? The free desks and
chairs are just as good as the expensive one, plus they're
customizable down to the most minute detail."
- Linux Desktop in Peril. Solution? Education.(Apr 17, 2009)
- Linux Delivered Your Way(Apr 16, 2009)
- GNOME vs. KDE: The Final Smackdown(Apr 14, 2009)
- Frugal Friday: Conficker, Terrorism, Sun, Debian BSD, Sourceforge(Apr 14, 2009)
- Linux Store Open for Business: A Fantastic Voyage(Apr 13, 2009)
- Geekonomics 101(Apr 10, 2009)
- Spend Trend: Thin Clients(Apr 02, 2009)
- Girls in Tech, and Is Linux Doomed on the Desktop?(Mar 31, 2009)
- Is Using Linux Too Frugal?(Mar 27, 2009)
- Learn Linux Leanly(Mar 12, 2009)