Wikipedia At Risk From Financial Meltdown?
Apr 26, 2009, 18:02 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Michael Hickins)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"It's worth noting that more than a quarter -- 28 percent, in
fact -- of Wikipedia's funding comes from the Sloan Foundation.
"PBS FRONTLINE's Digital Nation documentary and Web site is
funded by non-profit foundations including The John D. and
Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Park Foundation and the
Verizon Foundation. What would happen to that Web-based programming
if either of those foundations lost buckets of cash through bad
luck or fraud?"
- Is Linux only for the poor?(Mar 23, 2009)
- Bruce Perens: Is Open Source Capitalist or Communist?(Mar 09, 2009)
- Hire Open Source Developers -- or Partner With Them?(Mar 09, 2009)
- The Good News, Linux Fans, is Venture Capital Is Harder to Find(Feb 11, 2009)
- Mobile Linux firm boasts cheery financials, funding round(Feb 05, 2009)
- How can companies that rely on technology consistently not pay for it?(Jan 30, 2009)
- America's Schools: Held Hostage by Microsoft(Oct 16, 2008)
- LinuxWorld Keynotes: Now is the Time to Invest(Aug 06, 2008)
- Microsoft Funds Apache(Jul 28, 2008)