Official Novell/Microsoft Web Site (MoreInterop) Calls Moonlight "Microsoft Moonlight"
Apr 27, 2009, 16:02 (22 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Roy Schestowitz)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to An Anonymous Reader for
this link. ]
""The way the Microsoft covenant reads to me," says the
author, "only Novell can distribute Moonlight. So, if you are
non-Novell user, it won't be something that is wrapped up in your
""Unless [the] distribution wants to risk hot water or out side
where Microsoft rules apply," adds oiaohm in an informal IRC
"There is also "the expectation is that users will get the
distro from wherever and then download Moonlight from Novell,"
remarks the author."
"Well, guess what? Debian Legal has just received the following
from Saul Goode, who had taken a look at Moonlight licensing; it
does not seem too good. Fedora (Red Hat) reached the same
conclusion after the SFLC had taken a look at the Moonlight licence
and did not like what's in it."
- An afternoon among the patent lawyers(Apr 10, 2009)
- Microsoft releases ASP.NET under the MS-PL License(Apr 02, 2009)
- Mono and Qt(Mar 18, 2009)
Microsoft-Novell, Once Hot and Heavy, Cooling Down(Mar 15, 2009)
- Red Hat and Novell: Heading In Opposite Directions?(Mar 05, 2009)
- Patent suit tells us why we should shun Mono, Moonlight(Feb 27, 2009)
- Novell Promotes ASP.NET, Demotes OpenSUSE
(Feb 23, 2009)
Moonshine: drinking fermented Windows Media content on Linux(Feb 14, 2009)