Which Vendors Were Mentioned in Stories about Ubuntu last week?
Apr 27, 2009, 21:17 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to An Anonymous Reader for
this link. ]
"This past week was a big one for many in the Linux
community with a major release of Ubuntu Linux. The release known
as “Jaunty Jackalope” (what a name!), technically is
being supported commercially by a vendor called Canonical, led by
CEO Mark Shuttleworth.
"The interesting thing about Ubuntu is that it is trying to be a
mainstream operating system as opposed to just appealing to the
core Linux community itself.
"But how does the media see Ubuntu? What other vendors are being
mentioned in stories alongside this weirdly named operating system?
Is Ubuntu in fact ‘competing’ (at least in terms of
media mentions) with Microsoft?"
- Editor's Note: We Put the "No" In Innovation!(Apr 24, 2009)
- Novell, Sun, and Red Hat: Three degrees of open source(Apr 23, 2009)
- Researchers Find Massive Botnet On Nearly 2 Million Infected Consumer, Business, Government PCs(Apr 23, 2009)
- Will Microsoft blow its netbook lead with Windows 7 crippleware?(Apr 21, 2009)
- Open-Source Options for Small Business(Apr 17, 2009)
- Linux : The cool factor(Mar 04, 2009)