The Windows 7 'give away'
Apr 30, 2009, 20:46 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"Does anyone think for one moment that Microsoft would
have ever made this offer if it hadn't for the community Linux
desktop distributions? I can't imagine it.
"Of course, there's nothing 'free' about Microsoft's Windows 7
RC offer. If you own a Vista PC, you already paid for the operating
system once. If you're going to buy a new PC for Windows 7, chances
are, again, you'll be paying Microsoft for Vista anyway. You may
have hated Vista. You may never use Vista, but you almost always
end up paying Microsoft $50 to $100 on any new PC. Linux users know
all about this Microsoft tax."
- ReactOS 0.3.9 improves open source Windows clone(Apr 30, 2009)
- If Everything Was Made by Microsoft(Apr 29, 2009)
- How to choose the best Linux distro for you(Apr 29, 2009)
- Is desktop Linux too fragmented to succeed?(Apr 28, 2009)
- Windows 7 and the Linux lesson(Apr 25, 2009)
- Non-Linux FOSS(Apr 25, 2009)
- Ubuntu as slick as Win7, Mac OS X(Apr 24, 2009)
- Big Herd of Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope Announcements(Apr 23, 2009)
- Opinion: Microsoft still harming netbook markets(Apr 23, 2009)