Spreading Digital Freedom with The Whuffie Factor
May 01, 2009, 01:31 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Roland
for this link. ]
""Most of the initial outpouring of ideas came from the
open-source software community. Perhaps not surprisingly then, the
top ideas on Idea Storm were the request for a Dell computer with
Linux, not Microsoft Windows, pre-installed. Although Dell had
offered a Linux-based computer to its business clients, a
consumer-based Linux machine had not been available.
"The Dell Idea Storm team took this request directly to its
product development department. The people there went straight to
the forums to get more information like what 'flavor' of Linux
people wanted pre-installed. Ubuntu was the number one choice.
Within a couple of months, the Linux Dell was available for
purchase. Although the company wouldn't release exact numbers,
Caroline [the Dell rep] told me that the sales far exceeded their
projections and Dell plans to continue the program."
"Now, one-third of Dell's netbooks are sold with Linux ."
- Holy Tweet! Twitter Use Explodes(Apr 16, 2009)
- Flock : The ideal Browser for Facebook Users(Apr 15, 2009)
- Addressing the State of the Linux Union(Apr 08, 2009)
- Interview with Jono Bacon - Ubuntu Community Manager(Mar 20, 2009)
- Linux.com to Bring "Social Web" To Linux Geeks?(Mar 16, 2009)
- Advogato, Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Linkedin, helpmeee!!(Feb 27, 2009)
- Open Source's Moment is Now(Jan 26, 2009)
- Women Who Tech: 2nd annual TeleSummit(Jan 23, 2009)