Bing is not Google, but it is a spin engine.
Jun 03, 2009, 12:31 (4 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Christian Einfeldt)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"The important thing here is not whether Bill Gates does, in
fact, steal, and I am not here to make ad hominem attacks on the
world's richest man. The point is how Microsoft deals with
criticism. With spin. As opposed to Google, which just repeats much
of the criticism of it.
"For example, the first phrase, Linux, when typed into Bing,
yielded phrase-completion suggestions linked to comparisons of
Linux and Microsoft products. By contrast, the same phrase when
typed into google leads to information that a GNU-Linux user would
actually want, such as information on different Linux distros."
- Microsoft Update Quietly Installs Firefox Extension(Jun 01, 2009)
- Anti-U.S. Hackers Infiltrate Army Servers
(May 29, 2009)
- Editor's Note: Desperation, Scare Tactics, and Happy Memorial Day!(May 23, 2009)
- EU slaps a record fine on Intel(May 14, 2009)
- The Thin Line Between Victim and Idiot(May 11, 2009)
- A Few Facts As Antidote Against Microsoft's anti-ODF FUD Campaign(May 09, 2009)
- Windows and Viruses - Made for each other(May 08, 2009)
- Microsoft's TomTom patents posted for patent review(Apr 29, 2009)