Disinformation Disinfected, pt. 3: Banshee in Ubuntu
Jun 10, 2009, 23:32 (1 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"The first lie: Banshee saves space.
"As near as I can tell, the whole thing really got going from an
apebox.org "rant" back around April. In this
[cough]fact-filled[/cough] post, the assertion is made that 6.1 MiB
will be saved on the LiveCD by replacing "bloated C-based"
Rhythmbox with Banshee.
"This, like most pro-mono propaganda is about 25% truth/ 75%
lie. You see, it doesn't count the accompanying documentation of
Rhythmbox. The apebox.org ranter casually cedes the point on page 4
or so of this thread, pretending all the while like space was
"never really my main argument."
"I challenge anyone to read this first rant and come away
thinking that the so-called space saving was "not really the main
argument." It's damn near the whole argument."
- First Moonlight 2.0 Preview is Out(May 05, 2009)
- Telerik Announces Support for their ASP.NET controls on Mono!(Apr 05, 2009)
- Microsoft releases ASP.NET under the MS-PL License(Apr 02, 2009)
- Novell's Mono Gets Faster and More Visual(Mar 31, 2009)
- Ubuntu Is Driving Me Away(Jun 10, 2009)
- PhyreEngine, Mono, cool Mono uses in Gaming, and more.(Jun 09, 2009)
- Ubuntu is Censoring Opposition to Mono by Default(Jun 08, 2009)
- Fedora casts Mono into outer darkness(Jun 04, 2009)
- Mono: An Infectious Disease : An Article by Chris Smart(Jun 04, 2009)
- How GNU/Linux users can keep Mono at bay(Jun 01, 2009)