Ubuntu Sucks Like a Shopvac and Other Linux Rants
Jun 15, 2009, 14:32 (6 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Walter V. Koenning)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Mark Rais for this link.
"But upon closer examination, I found that a
substantial portion of these negative reactions to Ubuntu stem from
"Almost all of the hurdles people seem to have when switching
from Windows to Ubuntu appear to be errors in judgment and
assessment, rather than actual problems with the OS.
"Unfortunately, as humans our tendency is to judge new
experiences solely on the basis of previous ones. We determine
likes and dislikes not necessarily on merit or logical analysis,
but rather on familiarity and comfort."
- Why Windows is not yet ready for the Desktop(Jun 12, 2009)
- Don't Get Me Wrong, Linux sucks as much as Windows(Jun 05, 2009)
- The Case of the Disappearing Linux and other Mysteries of the Internet.(Jun 04, 2009)
- Editor's Note: When Will it Really Be the Year of Linux?(May 15, 2009)
- A follow-up on Excel 2007 SP2's ODF support(May 13, 2009)
- Linux does have a future on netbooks(May 13, 2009)
- Best Linux distros for power users, gamers, newbies and more(May 11, 2009)
- This is Why Lenovo Sucks at Linux(Apr 21, 2009)
- How to Distro Hop Without Killing Your Productivity(Apr 01, 2009)
- 8 Rocking Linux Distros(Mar 31, 2009)