CentOS Pulse #0902 - Artwork, Enabling Multimedia, and Security
Jun 17, 2009, 09:02 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Dag Wieers
for this link. ]
"4.1. What to do when your system is 0wned ?
User "Linux Advocate" reported in thread "Centos 5.3 -> Apache -
Under Attack ? Oh hell...." that he suspected his system was under
attack after he found many processes named "atack" running as
apache on his machine. The immediate advice that followed was to
take to machine off the net right away and wipe it. A lot of
interesting takes of various people made this thread an interesting
view on what is required when your system is taken over.
"4.2. How can I view .docx files?
Compatibility with Windows is always an issue as seen in the thread
OT: Viewer for .docx M$ WORD files?. Proposed solutions included
running OpenOffice 3.1, Zoho Reader, unzipping the file and
stripping out the XML which of course results in a loss of all
formating, which was not perfect in any case.
"4.3. 5.3 random reboots
A thread describing random reboots was started by "Peter
Hopfgartner" Random server reboot after update to CentOS 5.3 when
using XEN on a Dell Poweredge server. After some discussion it
turned out that using the 5.2 kernel solved the issue and that
further investigation was needed."
- Yum, It’s Starting to Get Tasty(Jun 11, 2009)
- iRedMail: Mail Server With LDAP, Postfix, RoundCube/SquirrelMail, Dovecot On Deb(Jun 09, 2009)
- CentOS Pulse - community newsletter(Jun 03, 2009)
CentOS 5.3 Live CD Released(May 27, 2009)
- How To Harden PHP5 With Suhosin On CentOS 5.3(May 22, 2009)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.8 released(May 19, 2009)
- CentOS 5.3 Has Keen Focus on Virtualization(Apr 21, 2009)
- CentOS 5.3: Creating Encrypted Block Devices(Apr 07, 2009)
- CentOS 5.3 Is Here, Based on RHEL 5.3(Apr 01, 2009)