How much do desktops matter?
Jun 20, 2009, 01:32 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Dana Blankenhorn)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"As he explained to me during CompuTex, people are more focused
today on connectivity and applications.
"Microsoft's dominance of the desktop no longer gives it control
over whether or not you run open source, and it is merely
competitive on the new platforms of the Web and phones.
"Thus, he would argue, when our own Adrian Kingsley-Hughes asks,
"could you switch over to being 100% open source" we may be asking
the wrong question.
"We're all a lot more open source than we were, in part because
we're a lot less wedded to our desk."
- IBM expects Linux to make money(Jun 12, 2009)
- Open Voices Interview with Bob Sutor, IBM(Jun 11, 2009)
- The Week of the Linux Desktop(Jun 07, 2009)
- What is linux.com trying to achieve?(Jun 04, 2009)
- Linux.com Goes Live - For the Community, and By the Community(May 13, 2009)
- Linux certifications: Hot or not?(May 13, 2009)
- Linux Foundation CEO: Linux is "fastest growing platform"(Apr 09, 2009)
- Ubuntu accuses Microsoft of Linux netbook FUD
(Apr 09, 2009)
- Zemlin to Linux OEMs: Yer Doing it Wrong(Mar 11, 2009)