Mandriva Linux 2010 Alpha 1 and specifications
Jun 22, 2009, 12:43 (2 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Anne for this link.
Mandriva Linux 2010 Alpha 1 is now available on public
mirrors. This first alpha is available only through Free version,
32 and 64 bits DVDs.This development release is the first one
realized without mkcd, our historical build tool, but using bcd
available also on
Mandriva svn. This new tool should improve global quality of
our release and make tests much easier and efficient.
You will find more information about Alpha 1 on Mandriva wiki.
This first release comes also with specifications document
available on wiki (pdf) .
This document is composed by specifications that was not finalized
in 2009 Spring, internal Mandriva proposals but also Community
proposals through Mandriva
Ideas web site. This web site is available now since beginning
of 2010 development cycle in order to collect any kind of proposals
to be included in coming releases. Feel free to comment or add any
new ideas! Among many items you will find:
and many other things...
- improve boot time
- clean and complete grub and install menu (failsafe, init3
entry, recovery entry, check tool for istallation media)
- use of Plymouth and fallback on Splashy for non supported
- switch to Tomoyo as security framework, provide GUI for common
setup, integrated also in msec tool
- guest account created on the fly when needed
- packaging of Moblin, use it as default environment if stable
enough when light hardware configuration is detected
- manage end of life distribution through mdkonline applet
- autodetection of local urpmi repositories
- improve hybrid isos use
Final release of 2010 version is due to 21st of october. You
will find here
Do not hesitate to download and tests this first alpha and
report any bugs.