Changing the World, One Penguin at a Time
Jul 02, 2009, 00:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Carla Schroder)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Be kind and patient. Getting grumpy chases people away. If you
don't want to help new users then don't.
"Look for existing projects that you can join, such as a local
LUG, community computer lab, what-have-you. Going it alone can be
hard, and finding kindred spirits keeps you energized.
"Invest your time and energy into people that will pay off. In
other words, don't waste your time on people who are not receptive.
Using a well-set up computer isn't very hard for even the greenest
Linux greenpea, despite all the propaganda and FUD to the contrary.
But no matter how easy it is, there will always be people who have
mental blocks against even trying, so don't waste your time."
- How to Sponsor an Open Source Sprint(Jun 11, 2009)
- Let Tux USB Keys Make Your Foreign Customers Feel at Home(Jun 01, 2009)
- Linux Today Readers Speak: Foiling Your Sysadmin, Monopoly, Mono, and Linux Is a Kernel, Dangit!(May 26, 2009)
- Pia Waugh goes to Canberra(Apr 09, 2009)
- Tux Fleets of USB Keys to Boldly Go Where No Windows Has Gone Before(Mar 24, 2009)
- Migrating Away From Windows: It All Starts With Linux(Jan 30, 2009)
- Editor's Note: Joe Sixpack Must Die(Jan 24, 2009)
- How to Talk About FOSS Without Sounding Like a Total Dweeb(Dec 12, 2008)
- 5 Tips For Free Software Advocates(Dec 08, 2008)