What is Cisco doing with Red Hat in the Cloud?
Jul 07, 2009, 00:04 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to SMK for this link.
"Both Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) and Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) were
busy last week with their own respective cloud-related initiatives.
Red Hat launched a new cloud certification program while Cisco
outlined its go-to-market cloud strategy. Is there an intersection
between the two vendors and their cloud initiatives?
"The answer to that question highlights the role that open
source and in particular Linux is playing in how the cloud is
shaping up as the next battleground for operating system
- Cisco Offers Linksys 802.11n Router with Linux(Jun 23, 2009)
- Configure Cisco Switches for Easy Server Deployments(Jun 18, 2009)
- Red Hat Linux helps to powers Verizon's Cloud(Jun 03, 2009)
- Open Source vs Proprietary Routing Rumble(May 22, 2009)
- Nortel choses Linux for $250 million routing platform(May 21, 2009)
- Aruba Gets Wired for Remote Access with a Little Help from Linux(May 12, 2009)
- Linux Vendors Head to the Cloud in Search of Cash(Jul 03, 2009)
- Red Hat Rakes in Big Bucks(Jun 25, 2009)
- Red Hat's JBoss Leaps Into Business Rules(May 19, 2009)
- Red Hat launches Open Source Channel Alliance(Apr 15, 2009)