100 Essential Skills for Geeks
Jul 12, 2009, 23:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Anton Olsen)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Like all good Geeks you should be able to utilize resources to
accomplish any of these things. Knowing where to look for the
knowledge is as good as having it so give yourself points if you
are certain that you could Google the knowledge necessary for a
1. Properly secure a wireless router.
2. Crack the WEP key on a wireless router.
3. Leech Wifi from your neighbor.
4. Screw with Wifi leeches.
5. Setup and use a VPN.
6. Work from home or a coffee shop as effectively as you do at the
7. Wire your own home with Ethernet cable.
8. Turn a web camera into security camera.
9. Use your 3G phone as a Wi-Fi access point.
10. Understand what "There's no Place Like 127.0.0.1" means.
- IT Salaries: Security Staff(Jun 18, 2009)
- Programming for kids(May 14, 2009)
- Starting perl GUI programming(May 07, 2009)
- Arduino hardware hacking: Part 2(Apr 24, 2009)
- Teaching Programing Skills to Children with Logo(Apr 17, 2009)
- Studying for Tech Certifications on a Budget(Apr 15, 2009)
- Linux Puzzle Games to train your intellectual skills(Mar 27, 2009)
- Editor's Note: Knowledge Is Terrifying(Mar 20, 2009)
- Linux System Administrator Wanted - Send Word Resume(Mar 04, 2009)
- Need a new tech job? Learn Linux(Mar 02, 2009)