MontaVista Achieves 1 second Linux boot
Jul 14, 2009, 14:31 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"In contrast the fastest production Linux releases
today are in the 20-25 second range.
"To be fair, MontaVista's Linux with the 1 second boot is
embedded and designed specifically for the Freescale Semiconductor
MPC5121e hardware built on Power Architecture technology. That's
not to say they can't get the same performance on other
architectures, it's that is the hardware on which the first 1
second boot is being demonstrated."
- MontaVista Linux 6 Gets Market Specific(May 14, 2009)
- New Freescale processors target Linux netbooks(Jan 08, 2009)
- Wind River Profits Down, But Linux Bookings Soar(Mar 08, 2008)
- Tiny Tin Can Linux(Nov 25, 2007)
- Monta Vista Launches Linux Carrier Edition 5.0(Nov 14, 2007)
- Devices Lacking Linux Support Needed(Oct 23, 2007)
- How Linux is Testing the Limits of Open Source Development(Oct 22, 2007)
- Kernel Guru Woos Linux Devs at MontaVista Summit(Oct 13, 2007)
- ARM and Friends to Develop Linux Mobile Computing(Oct 05, 2007)
- MontaVista Readies New Linux Mobile Phone OS(Sep 26, 2007)