Why are people attacking RMS?
Jul 21, 2009, 14:33 (20 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sam Varghese)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"When the two main desktop projects catering to free and open
source software - KDE and GNOME - held their annual desktop summit
at the same place for the first time, they probably expected
nothing but messages of peace and harmony to emanate.
"Instead the keynote speaker, Richard Matthew Stallman, founder
of the Free Software Foundation and the GNU Project, has become the
focal point of any news about the summit.
"Stallman is under attack for remarks he made, which are
purported to be sexist. He has used the same or similar text many
times before this but there have been no such allegations.
"Suddenly, in the eyes of some, Stallman has become a sexist.
But the timing, when it comes to attacking the man, leads one to
theorise that there may be other motivations behind the
- Richard Stallman, Leadership, and Sexism(Jul 20, 2009)
- Free software heroes: from Stallman to Google, a list of inspiring individuals(Jul 13, 2009)
- Freedom is not Free for Countries nor Computer Users(Jul 04, 2009)
- 15 Mythical and Humorous Facts About Richard Stallman(Jun 16, 2009)
- RMS and His Magic Bread(May 26, 2009)
- Stallman Explains Why Software Patents are Wrong(Apr 21, 2009)
- Mr. Stallman's Internet: How RMS May Be Looking The Wrong Way At The Internet(Feb 24, 2009)