Weekly Ten: Bacteria Computers, the MySQL Soap Opera, Machines are Smarter Than People
Jul 28, 2009, 17:03 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"2. OSCON: The saga of MySQL
At OSCON in 2006, I followed sessions that discussed how open
source companies would fare when big corporations come in. Back
then there were only a handful of examples of big companies
purchasing small open source companies. Three years later, we've
witnessed MySQL AB get swallowed by Sun, only to have Sun be
swallowed by Oracle. Now there are more open questions than ever
and at least three versions of MySQL that are jockeying to continue
the MySQL blood-line.
More @ OreillyRadar"
"3. Digital activism on YouTube
Activism today isn't limited to picket lines and marches on the
Mall — people have taken their movements to the web, and
YouTube has become an important platform for exposure. Every day,
people use YouTube to fight for causes, whether they're
hunger-striking celebrities like Mia Farrow, or 9-year-olds trying
to save the neighborhood kickball lot from destruction.
More @ Googleblog"
- 20 “Really Cool” Tux Icons for Sports Enthusiasts(Jul 28, 2009)
- 5 Best Palm Pre Features That iPhone Can�t Beat(Jul 23, 2009)
- SliTaz 2.0: Simple, Speedy, and Secure(Jul 23, 2009)
- Two Different Ways of Installing Firefox 3.5 on Ubuntu 9.04(Jul 22, 2009)
- Weekly Ten: DRM is Dead RIAA Says, Microsoft's Empty Promise, $15 HDR camera(Jul 20, 2009)
- Free "Really Cool" Stickers About Linux/FOSS(Jul 17, 2009)
- How to Display Twitter Statuses/Updates on Conky(Jul 16, 2009)