One billion Firefoxes
Jul 31, 2009, 19:33 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"If you think about it, this really shows the power of
open-source software. The U.S. Federal Courts couldn't stop
Microsoft, even after they found Microsoft guilty of running a
monopoly, which had been used to crush Netscape. After what
amounted to a slap on the wrist, Microsoft continued on its way and
Netscape continued its death spiral.
"But, because the code lived on in Firefox, open-source
developers were able to improve on it. Even before Firefox 1.0 was
released in July 2004, power users were already moving to it.
Today, over 22% of all users have moved to Firefox, according to
Net Application's Market Share."
Firefox nears 1 billion downloads(Jul 31, 2009)
- 17 Cool Firefox about:config Tricks
(Jul 31, 2009)
- Go ahead and install Firefox 3.5.1 in Ubuntu(Jul 29, 2009)
- Tutorial: Must Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Firefox 3.5 on Linux(Jul 25, 2009)
Mozilla updates Thunderbird 3, Firefox 3.x(Jul 23, 2009)
- SSL Flaw by (Browser) Design?(Jul 23, 2009)
- Tutorial: Fix Invalid Dictionary Entries in Firefox(Jul 22, 2009)
- Mozilla awards best new Tab ideas(Jul 22, 2009)