Good Stories That Didn't Make Linux Today, 8/18/2009
Aug 18, 2009, 21:02 (5 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Carla Schroder)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Apple Investigates iPhone Explosion Rumors
"Apple Inc is investigating media reports that one or more of
the company's iPhones have exploded in Europe, a European
Commission spokeswoman said on Tuesday."
DoJ OK with RIAA's Thomas-Rasset award
"The Department of Justice has given an approving nod to a
Minnesota court's ruling that Jammie Thomas-Rasset pay the
Recording Industry Association of America $1.92 million in
statutory damages for the illegal downloads of 24 tracks on the
peer-to-peer site Kazaa.
"That amounts to $80,000 per track, a figure Thomas-Rasset is
challenging on both constitutional and procedural grounds."
- Study: iPhone is a detriment to carriers(Aug 17, 2009)
- The Linux users' guide to Mac OS X(Aug 17, 2009)
- The Book vs. The Kindle(Aug 05, 2009)
- Apple tried to silence owner of exploding iPod with gagging order(Aug 04, 2009)
- Weekly Ten: Google Wars on Microsoft, Coconut Headphones, the Myth of the Lone Programmer Genius(Aug 04, 2009)
- Multicore Video Decoding with MPlayer, Part 2(Aug 01, 2009)
- Shill-Shocked: The Dark Side of Community Discussion(Jul 30, 2009)