Tweaking dhcp client configuration to change the default DNS servers to Open DNS
Aug 20, 2009, 01:34 (6 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Femi
for this link. ]
"There is a trick I used to make Open DNS servers as my
default DNS server.
"Edit /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf and look for the line.
#prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
"Add the following line immediately below the above line.
prepend domain-name-servers 220.127.116.11;
prepend domain-name-servers 18.104.22.168;
- Protect Your Network with the Linux-based Untangle Gateway(Jul 27, 2009)
- Setting up a dynamic DNS service part 2: dhcpd(Jul 22, 2009)
- DHCP server can take over client(Jul 16, 2009)
- Setting up a dynamic DNS service part 1: named(Jul 15, 2009)
- BIND 10 Set to Update DNS(Jun 13, 2009)
- Installing MyDNS & MyDNSConfig 3 On Fedora 10(May 31, 2009)
- Zeroshell Linux: Captive Portal, Internet Gateway and Router(May 18, 2009)
- BIND 10 starts development(Apr 24, 2009)
- Turn an Old PC Into a Multi-Purpose LAN Server with ZeroShell (part 1)(Apr 20, 2009)
- Installing MyDNS-NG & MyDNSConfig 3 On Debian Lenny(Apr 10, 2009)