25 Linux tips for Windows switchers
Aug 31, 2009, 16:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Adam Oxford)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Here are 25 things you need to know that will make your
transition to an open source OS easy.
1. What's a distribution?
Linux isn't sold as a single package like Windows or MacOS. There
are lots of variations on the basic operating system put together
by different people for different reasons. Some might be hardware
specific - designed to run on netbooks, for example - while some
might be tailored towards particular uses, like general desktops,
webservers or multimedia workstations."
- Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala (Alpha 4) Overview & Screenshots(Aug 23, 2009)
- OpenOffice.org and the 'Ribbons' Interface Brouhaha(Aug 18, 2009)
- LMMS: The Linux MultiMedia Studio(Aug 18, 2009)
- Secure VPN the Easy Way With the Linux-based Untangle Router(Aug 17, 2009)
- Arch Linux: The Simple, Flexible (and Fast!) Distro(Aug 13, 2009)
- Free Book Review: Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference(Aug 13, 2009)
- 5 Ways to Use Your Old PC(Jul 13, 2009)
- Did Microsoft force Asus to axe Linux?(Jul 09, 2009)
Five Places You Can Slash IT Spending(Jul 09, 2009)