How To Install GRUB 2 On Ubuntu 9.04
Sep 02, 2009, 08:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Falko Timme)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Falko
Timme for this link. ]
"GRUB 2 targets at the following goals:
Scripting support, such as conditionals, loops, variables and
Dynamic loading of modules in order to extend itself at the run
time rather than at the build time.
Portability for various architectures.
Internationalization. This includes support for non-ASCII character
code, message catalogs like gettext, fonts, graphics console, and
Real memory management, to make GNU GRUB more extensible.
Modular, hierarchical, object-oriented framework for file systems,
files, devices, drives, terminals, commands, partition tables and
Cross-platform installation which allows for installing GRUB from a
Rescue mode saves unbootable cases. Stage 1.5 was eliminated.
Fix design mistakes in GRUB Legacy, which could not be solved for
backward-compatibility, such as the way of numbering
- Loading Xen via GRUB2 on top Ubuntu Karmic Server (alpha 4)(Sep 01, 2009)
- Howto Password Protect Grub in Ubuntu / Debian Linux(Aug 20, 2009)
- Installing openSuSE: grub complaining on a hardware RAID(Aug 14, 2009)
- R.I.P. Linux 9.1 Comes with Opera 10 and GRUB 2(Jun 12, 2009)
- GRUB 2 now default for new installations (Ubuntu)(Jun 09, 2009)
- BCDs, MBRs, and GRUB(Feb 23, 2009)
- Making eye candy for GRUB(Jan 17, 2009)
- A triple-boot system with GRUB: Debian GNU/Linux "Lenny", FreeDOS 1.0, and Win(Jan 12, 2009)
- GRUB 2 Receives New Font Engine(Jan 05, 2009)