Microsoft/Linux: Don�t Cross License with Us?
Sep 21, 2009, 14:36 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Brendan Scott)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Brendan Scott for this
"OIN has alleged that Microsoft had described this
portfolio as relating to Linux. Red Hat has speculated that
Microsoft auctioned these patents off in the hope of them being
picked up by a patent troll and used 'offensively' against Linux
(which I take to mean ultimately by way of litigation).
"Without being a potential bidder I can't say whether or not any
of this speculation is true, but what if it is?"
- Who Will Fill Sam Ramji's Role as Microsoft's Open Source Leader?(Sep 16, 2009)
- First Sale - Davidson v. Internet Gateway(Sep 15, 2009)
- Does Microsoft Have an Open Source Strategy Any More?(Sep 15, 2009)
- Microsoft and A Patent Checkmate of My Dreams - Updated(Sep 14, 2009)
- HTML 5(Sep 14, 2009)
- Linux Foundation to Microsoft: Stop Secretly Attacking Linux
(Sep 10, 2009)
- Red Hat accuses Microsoft of patent FUD(Sep 10, 2009)
- (More on...) Microsoft Rivals to Purchase 22 Patents to Defend Linux(Sep 09, 2009)
- TomTom Launches OpenLR Open Navigation Project(Sep 09, 2009)
- Microsoft Rivals Nears Patent Deal in Bid to Protect Linux(Sep 09, 2009)