New Linux Moblin netbooks to be announced at IDF
Sep 22, 2009, 17:35 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Nancy Gohring)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to stonyandcher for this link.
"Leaders at the first Linuxcon Conference in Portland,
Oregon, hinted at an announcement to come this week at the Intel
Developer Forum in San Francisco that they say will reassert
Linux's initial momentum in the netbook market.
""You're going to see this week interesting new netbooks coming
out that are killer. They have the cool factor and they're priced
right," said Jim Zemlin, executive director of the Linux
"He believes that within a year, "no one will buy hardware or
software." Laptops will be free with a wireless service contract.
Only free software like Linux can support that model, he said.
"Microsoft's economics don't fit into that at all," he said."
- Linus Torvalds Comes Clean. Or Does He?(Sep 19, 2009)
- Linux Foundation to Microsoft: Stop Secretly Attacking Linux
(Sep 10, 2009)
- The Perils of Linux Maturity: Torvalds Fakes Emerge in Twittersphere(Aug 26, 2009)
- Linux chief challenges Microsoft to pony up on patents(Aug 23, 2009)
- Enterprise IT Hits Bottom--Open Source Holds an Intervention(Jul 31, 2009)
- Buying with the Penguin(Jul 28, 2009)
- PCs will be free like mobile phones, says Linux exec(Jul 27, 2009)
- Linux Foundation pitches Linux for free netbooks from mobile carriers(Jul 01, 2009)
- How much do desktops matter?(Jun 20, 2009)
- IBM expects Linux to make money(Jun 12, 2009)