"Unlike AMA Desktop and Bayanihan that are both derived from
Debian, Kahel is proudly based on Arch Linux and utilizes GNOME for
its desktop environment. Kahel adapted the rolling-release model to
give its users the most up-to-date FOSS applications without having
to rely on a new version of the OS.
"At present, here are some of Kahel's features:
* uses the most recent Linux Kernel (2.6.30)
* support for NILFS2 and BTRFS by default
* utilizes Pacman and Package Kit
* GNOME Applications for Office, Multi-Media and Web- Browsing
* applications are optimized for i686 and x86-64"