A mother explains why everybody should attend the 2009 Linux Day
Oct 16, 2009, 17:02 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to M.
Fioretti for this link. ]
"Besides this specific application, Serena recommends
the Linux Day to all parents and teachers who "would like to find
new ways to communicate with their teenagers or are sick and tired
of empty, lifeless eyes staring at worms fighting on a screen and
of ears apparently deaf to any input that doesn't sound like chat,
download or IM..."
"because, according to her own experience:
"All too often we parents and teacher think that,
education-wise, computers are only a problem to "manage", in order
to minimize the damage it can do to our kids. The truth is that WE
are the problem. Computers are just machines and they aren't even
too complex ones. You don't need specific training to "manage"
them, it only takes a bit of logic and effort to transform a
computer in your educational ally!"
- Schools start to move to Openoffice(Oct 06, 2009)
- Teaching Kids Programming with Free Programming Languages(Oct 02, 2009)
- 3 great educational apps for Linux newbies(Oct 01, 2009)
- Are Schools Giving Students The Wrong Idea About Technology?(Sep 29, 2009)
- Linux, not the cloud, will save schools(Sep 21, 2009)
- 60 Thousand Russian Teachers Will Learn Linux by the End of 2009(Sep 04, 2009)
- Microsoft's "Perception Management"(Aug 18, 2009)
- Ten Linux apps that get top marks from schools(Aug 02, 2009)
- Venezuela to Provide Children with 50,000 Mini Laptops(Jul 30, 2009)
- Why aren't schools adopting open source?(Jul 27, 2009)
- 50 Open Source Apps Transforming Education(Jul 27, 2009)